I’m looking for work and want to try something new this time during the search.
I’ve updated my LinkedIn profile and personal website, polished up the resume and set-up alerts for job postings that might interest me from various websites.
All that arms-length, internetish stuff is done but we all know that the best job opportunities come through personal contacts, word-of-mouth, and trusted networks.
So I’ve created this post and am sharing it across the platforms in hopes of increasing the chances that serendipity and connection might help me find an excellent opportunity.
I am a forward-looking creative person with a variety of experience who is looking for the right fit. Full/part-time, freelance/contract, or project-based jobs are of interest to me.
OVERVIEW OF AREAS/INDUSTRIES OF EXPERTISE
- Arts and Culture: book publishing, digital communications, marketing, and event production.
- Hospitality: restaurant management, brand development, operations, and communications.
- Healthcare: digital communications, online marketing strategy, public speaking and presentations at international conferences.
OVERVIEW OF SOME SKILLS
- Writing for brands and organizations: creative, considered, concise.
- Communications and marketing strategy: simple, effective plans for building reputation, gaining positive word-of-mouth, and measuring campaign effectiveness.
- Team building and operations management: inspiring individuals and teams to grow and achieve more through clear, accountable leadership.
OVERVIEW OF SOME PREVIOUS JOBS AND PROJECTS
- General Manager for The Storm Crow Alliance: opened and managed both locations of this legendary and growing restaurant group. Oversaw all aspects of the business including operations, marketing, vendors, food and beverage quality, hiring and training staff.
- Founder, Board President of Real Vancouver Writers’ Series: Founded this registered non-profit society in February 2010. We curate, market, and produce four literary reading events per year featuring great writers from Vancouver and beyond.
- Canada Council for the Arts, National Forum on the Literary Arts: I served for 16 months on the Steering Committee for this gathering of 250 literary arts practitioners in Montreal in 2014 to determine the future directions for funding Canadian literature, especially considering the emergent funding model.
- Marketing and social strategy builder for the Association of Registered Nurses of British Columbia: built the social media strategy for this emergent healthcare group that included inventing a campaign for engaging nurses in remote areas of the province, and presenting the metrics and effects of the strategy at healthcare conferences across North America.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to share this link with anybody that you think might be able to help me out.
Have a great day and a prosperous 2018.